Free spirit

Free spirit
Travelling; the best thing to do with your time!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

25 Random Facts about me-not like you give a rat's ass but read anyway :)

1. I love the song, 'I like big butts and I cannot lie, and you other brothers can't deny. When a girl walks in with an itsy bitsy waist and a round thing in your face, you get sprung'! And will sing it anywhere! I once sang this song during a mall activation, in front of about 50 people and won a gift hamper!

2. I am a VERY bad singer.

3. I have walked into the male loo twice in my life. It was NOT pleasant!

4. I LOVE romantic comedies (I've watched every rom com that released during the 80s till present date) and chick literature.

5. My parents wanted to name me 'Anita' to rhyme with my sisters' names; 'Ekta' and 'Amrata'. Thank God, they then realized that I am unique and there was no need to ensure that my name rhyme with my sisters'. Why they then chose one of the most COMMON Indian names for me is still a mystery but I prefer 'Anjali' to 'Anita'-no offence to my prior boss!

6. Tears do not fall out of my eyes! Seriously! When I cry my eyes get moist but I think there is something wrong with my tear duct! I once saw an optometrist who gave me eye drops so tears could fall out of my eyes but that didn't work...

7. I have had a bad hair day every day of my life.

8. I LOVE fiction and cannot read non-fiction.

9. I don't like pets-I can't take care of myself, why would I want to clean an animal's poo?! I love kids but am not too keen on cleaning a kid's poo, either.

10. I didn't find Tom and Jerry funny, as a kid. I thought it was kind of dumb and I always felt bad for Tom. Jerry was such a pain in the a&*. Similarly, I've always liked Veronica more than Betty in Archie comics-because everyone else likes Betty and I always support the unloved characters! This is also why I don't like Jennifer Aniston in Friends-everyone goes on about her being 'America's sweetheart'-whatever! I prefer Monica. Anyday.

11. I am addicted to Grey's anatomy. I think it is the best TV show ever.

12. I liked an Indian model from the 90s' and 2000. He is called Tarun Raghavan, no one knows him and I am his only fan!

13. I am terrible at flirting. In fact, I can't flirt to save my life. Which is why it annoys me when people say 'Geminis are big flirts'. Not frigging true!

14. My sister calls me butterfingers. I always break things, drop things, forget responsibilities; I kind of live in my own world. My world is more fun than the real world.

15. I love laughing but something has to be truly funny to make me laugh. Very few people can make me laugh. I only like those people and think the rest are losers!

16. My father once spotted me talking to myself. I was giving an "interview"- pretending to be at an awards ceremony and talking about my rise to stardom. My father looked highly disappointed and worried and I sometimes spot him staring at me, no doubt, wondering how he gave birth to such an oddball.

17. I LOVE carbs! Pizza, pasta, lasagne-bring it on!

18. I am very untidy. I can't help it. I don't care.

19. I once almost fractured my leg after tripping in the shower. I was dancing in the shower. Good times.

20. I hate Harry Potter, Star Wars, The lord of the rings and other such unbelievable, unrealistic crap.

21. I am running out of stuff to write and am getting frustrated. I usually cry when I am frustrated. This leads to no tears actually coming out. Which leads to my getting even more frustrated. It's a vicious circle.

22. I used to cry before EVERY exam in school and University. Crying is a passion of mine.

23. When I was younger, I thought 'dream sequences' in movies were the real dreams of the lead actors. Similarly, I thought watching a movie in 'black' (buying tickets in black) meant watching the movie in black n white n not color.

24. I love pouting in pictures. I can't help it.

25. I love doing the shocked expression in pictures. I really can't help it.

7 comments:

  1. pretty interesting..!!
    i completely agree to ur 13th point..ppl have to change thr views.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious...very funny...i like point no. 5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Vennie, only noticed your comment now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous!!! whacky!!! i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Moblearning! Wow, it appears that it takes me a month to reply to every comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog... just needs more tenacity to keep it current....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, anonymous! I know-I guess it's because of my full time job as a journalist that I don't get to update my personal blog...You can check out the blog I do for the website I work for though-its http://www.stylekandy.com/Blogger_Anjali_Kirpalani.aspx :)

    ReplyDelete